Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-25, 10:38   Link #1005
harmonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
If you mean at the age that leoxiao is at, then perhaps so.
If you mean generally for people in their mid-20's or higher then I disagree.
A girlfriend can do those things as much as a boyfriend can do those things for her, that term isn't limited to people aged 21 or under.
Also, some may already enter another relationship with a child from a previous relationship and find that the person they are attracted to suits them well for companionship. They can't be classified as friends, if the couple act on feelings and physical attraction, thus they become boyfriend/girlfriend.

There are too many variables to define relationships concerning various ages and cultures, but the examples i gave before are of a 'best case' senario. If you're with somone who is those things, then you're blessed and yes, relationships do settle down and you find you're with this person near 24/7 for 5, 10, 15 years.
You need to at least enjoy each others company on a friendship level as well as a partner level, I'd think
Sure, you can do it, but such relationships are doomed to fail no matter the age of the couple. The idea of such a relationship is inherently flawed because of a lack of dedication. Both marriage and children are anchors for relationships and both need to come early for the relationship to be cemented. To have neither for a long period of time is showing a lack of dedication and the relationship will become strained or the couple will drift apart.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote