View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 12:16   Link #1
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Lightbulb The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Novels 10/11) Spoiler Discussion

The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Novels 10/11) Spoiler Discussion

Everything's translated! NO SPOILER BARS!

Continuing the story started in The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya has been one of the most anticipated light novels in recent Japanese history. Originally scheduled for a June 1st, 2007 release, The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya was delayed in May 2007 with an indefinite release date. From that time period until Fall 2009, no new information was released concerning the novel until The Sneaker mentioned that Nagaru Tanigawa, the author of the Haruhi Suzumiya series, was working on the story. A short preview of the story was released in the June 2010 edition of The Sneaker with a promise that the story would be released "by the end of the year 2010." In the February 2011 edition of The Sneaker, it was confirmed that the story had evolved into a two novel simultaneous release on May 25th, 2011.

The Limited Edition First Pressing contains both novels as well as a 64 page booklet that contains a short story by Nagaru Tanigawa entitled Rainy Day that takes place when Kyon was in middle school. It is the version released on May 25th. On June 15th, the common editions will be released with the same text and a slightly altered cover.

The only new information about the story has been the two summaries released by Kadokawa for the novels' common edition release on June 15th, 2011:

Novel 10: The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (First Part):
Nagato is sick?! With the cause being the girl from the alternative alien faction and the SOS Brigade taking a pause it seems like I can acknowledge those guys as an enemy. Yare yare, it might be a misunderstanding. But shouldn't I be mad at myself for my own irresponsible actions?!

Novel 11: The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Latter Part):
There's been a freshman who has broken through the SOS Brigade enrollment examinations Haruhi put out. It's so nice to be able to push all the busy work to someone else now. But something's bothering me: why haven't I heard from Sasaki since that meeting?

So to review for those who might have forgotten, here's the story thus far thanks to the final (April 2011) edition of The Sneaker:

The world is divided by a phone call in one book.

Before Surprise goes on sale, let's have a 10 minute review of what's happened so far! Firstly, Kyon and everyone else is promoted a grade. This peaceful (if you can call it that) world is then divided into α and β by what?

On the first Saturday of the new school year, the SOS Brigade sets out on a wonderful expedition. After returning home, Kyon is in the bath when the phone rings....

Spoiler for α world:

Spoiler for β world:

Various Animate and Gamers stores will be selling the novels at midnight on the 25th (11:00 EST, 08:00 PST, 15:00 UTC May 24th) and there are already notices on 2ch that Amazon Japan is beginning to ship the Limited Edition version and thus spoilers will be coming soon. The preview from the June 2010 edition of The Sneaker has been translated by cnet128 and can be found here or here.

Finally, as the series has been licensed by Little, Brown Inc for English-speaking audiences there can be no discussion on where to find an illegal copy.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-08-02 at 05:15.