View Single Post
Old 2009-07-14, 06:56   Link #855
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Just to add to this if I may. I hope that people realize how much of a significance Nagisa had in developing Tomoya's character and vice-versa. Without Nagisa, Tomoya wouldn't have developed as a person and most likely would have stayed a delinquent for the rest of his life (granted that Tomoyo has the same affect on Tomoya's character but the focus is Nagisa here.) Also Nagisa would have probably stayed in her shell and gone on with a very quiet life but probably ignorant to the real world. Without each other, they wouldn't have developed into the characters that we were exposed to.

I think Sanae's hand in helping develop Tomoya's character is also under-appreciated but that's only in my opinion. The way that Sanae handled Tomoya's situation was probably one of best decisions that could have been made. Nagisa made Tomoya face his issues about his father (or demons as others would say ) and Sanae finished it off by creating a situation where Tomoya realized how similar of a path that he was taking compared to his father.

What I enjoyed most about Clannad is that the heroine not only helped the male lead develop as a character but the girl herself developed along with him. It's more about how they helped each other become popular in their own rights.
Basically, no character was ignored: everyone developed and was tended to by someone else in some way. Sanae may have created the situation, but I blame Tomoya's grandmother for finally making Tomoya see the 'Sins of the Father' situation. Sanae was good at that; she does similarly (though not with nearly as good an effect) for Sunohara.

In short, though, I believe that every character in this show/game is worth studying.