Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-26, 11:37   Link #6280
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The problem with Greece is that it isn't generating material value in its economy and relying on limited number of industries. It could help itself in SOME way, but probably not all.

The rule of the thumb of a small country's economy is to invest in multiple avenues to generate income, and not just throw money in a handful of industries. Greece is doing the latter and has become overly reliant on it.
A lot of countries are over-reliant on a particular indistry, and most of that time, that's because they don't have anything else to trade. Also, what can a country like Greece, which has been having problems long before the Euro was even introduced, invest on? And not just Greece, but countries like the ones I mentioned. This is why it was a bad idea for countries to adopt the Euro. If anything, it should've been limited to a smaller number of countries that could contribute something to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Besides, they are giving their civil servants too much material benefits. That would be an incredibly difficult problem to fix because humans are by nature greedy. And humans are the pillar of every country : they are called citizens.
It's no different in Italy and, for example, France (Narona can correct me on this if I'm wrong). The problem with them is that when you get a job, you get a job for life and receive too many benefits, which is what's causing a lot of problems for businesses, both big and small. This is especially true in the public sector, and people can even find a job if they don't have experience or qualifications. All you need are friends with high positions.