Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 17:57   Link #4392
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I've met a lot of muslims who were living in the US, some who's family was in the country for several generations to American converts to some who were immigrants themselves. (My anime club's office was 2 doors down from the muslim student association's office and we were the two most active clubs in terms of office use) I can tell you, based on my experience there's a big difference among individual muslims and none of them tried to convert me. Most of them were no different from any other person, except some of the girls who wore full hajibs, though there were others who dressed completely in western clothes without anything on their head at all. Other than some wearing traditional islamic clothes they acted just like anyone else though. Of course you can point out that the sample is biased because we're talking about muslims attending college in a western country. Still, not one of them gave me any reason to think of them any differently from anyone else.
You need to check the ones in a country where Muslims have a more powerful impact on the society. There, you will find different sects literally having competitions, of who will gain more followers in a shorter period. Believe me, they are acting in ways that you cannot imagine. In United States, most probably, if they attempt to something like that, it can get difficult for them to move freely. Because, they may be followed by the legal authorities, and that means trouble for them.

But, you should know they act more aggressive than your local people, who only knock your door, distribute bible, and invite you to their church.