Thread: Wild Striker
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-06, 16:49   Link #2
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
It's an anime from 2000 of 52 episodes, about two brothers playing football (that's soccer to all you Americans). At least I think it is, I'm currently downloading a batch of the first three episodes. So did anyone see it?
The series is more about the younger brother rediscovering his love of football and improving his game after quitting it due to the high expectations caused by comparisons with his elder brother who has become the bright hope of Japanese football and has started plying his trade with AC Milan. It's an above average sports anime series which is a bit reminiscent of Slam Dunk but based on football. The lead character, Kanou Kyosuke, is somewhat like Sakuragi Hanamichi too. A plus point about the series is that the matches don't go over more than 3 episodes for now.

BTW, I'm slowing collecting this show on R2 DVD (up to Volume 6 now). It will probably take until the end of next year before I finish collecting all volumes. Money is being saved and set aside now for Touch DVD-Box