View Single Post
Old 2010-02-22, 06:47   Link #161
Petco

I only watched the first six episodes of the dub, I really like all the VAs except for Konata's(Wendee Lee's).

Now I don't hate Wendee Lee's Konata(it is starting to grow on me, I am starting to like it) but I think she sounds a bit rough or something if that's the right word to describe it.

For example, I liked the way "Haushinka" voiced Konatain this fandub clip. Though maybe I don't like Wendee Lee's Konata because I watched that(fandub clip) before Wendee Lee's official dub version. I know "one" of the reasons I liked Kagami's official dub VA was because the official VA sounded similar to the fandub VA in the example above, and of course I liked Kagami's fandub VA because it seemed to fit her.

Anyway, I am enjoying the dub. Also I like how the dialogue is intact.

One of the annoyances for me(recently), with subs is that I can't seem to read and process(I reread what I just read) the subs fast enough(when Lucky Star first came out subbed, I remember not having to pause but rewatching it but I've been having to pause it a lot recently ), so it gets tiring watching the subs sometimes(I still enjoy it enough though).

Note that I only recently rewatched Lucky Star subbed last week, so I forgot a lot of the exact dialogue(I do remember the scenes), which is why I focused so much on the subs.

That's why I found the dub to be more relaxing(and therefore, more enjoyable) than the sub. Though I do prefer the Japanese voices over the dub(just a bit, for some reason I feel more attached to the Japanese voices).