View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 03:27   Link #9512
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Bullshit...

In other news, Youtube comments are sewage.
And then what about 2ch and 4ch?

Let's face it, news are boring. Sankaku merely takes one, twists it towards an incredibly silly perpective, and publish it - something tabloids and from the recent trend I am seeing, many news agencies are doing (or have been doing for a long time). What do we call them? Entertainment.

So why do we get dissed and annoyed when we should be smirking at how irrational it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You say that...do you even know the full thing behind Japan's idol culture? I normally don't support AKB itself since I'm honestly neutral towards them but just blasting the whole culture? Do you even know its history and the finer details of it?
Not everyone knows about the idol culture in Japan because in that unique place with unique values, the idea of "worship" can be very wide. Even Wikipedia only gives a very rough summary of it.

Today, the Japanese idols may seem to some like an avatar of capitalism, with the aura and mystique of the idols' out-of-ordinary lifestyles as compared to the average Japanese citizen. I don't fault Will for thinking like that because sometimes, that mystique portrayed may be considered decadent, especially to those who are more consistently exposed to the harsher and unpleasant circumstances (and garbage people, by force of course in their line of work) of life.

That is why wherever there is a debate of idol culture between parties with different perspectives, I always bring in the geishas : helps alot of filter out the hardcore worshippers, know-nothing-but-unwilling-to-learn, and history-deniers. Japan's greatest export since the Meiji Restoration, I would say, is its image as run by its media.

So from the start since Commodore Perry's visit and the realisation of backwardness, is Japan exporting their image or media? We will never know.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote