View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 10:44   Link #31834
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
So the letter existed. I remember there was a theory going on in the past saying it was possible the letter didn't exist... (I don't remember it well though)

It's nice to know it really existed.
As the person behind the "letter never existed" theory, my reasons were:
1) The only evidence that the letter ever existed was that Maria said so. Maria certainly made some false statements about how Beatrice entered the room; she'd probably make other false statements if Beatrice specifically asked her to. (There are also so some golden butterfly scenes, which are unreliable.)
2) Maria was in a particularly bad position to see Natsuhi take the letter. (Battler would have blocked a good deal of her field of vision, and she would have reflexively focused on Battler (two feet away) instead of Natsuhi (at the back of the room).
3) There's no reason for Beatrice to think that Natsuhi will read the letter herself, and good reason for Beatrice to think that Natsuhi won't; reading the letter requires Natsuhi to temporarily set aside her gun, and Natsuhi's had Battler open and read the previous letters.
4) The letter disappears.

Quote:
We know they went to check because they heard Maria singing... but we don't know if the phonecall came from that phone. It's possible the trick here is similar to the one used with Jessica. Once she left the room and closed it with her key she went to another phone put on a tape Maria's voice singing a song and then did the call. When Battler and Co reached the room and found Maria singing and the phone in such position they didn't suspect the call could have come from another room.
I at one point mentioned that the mansion must have a switchboard; the killer could have faked a call using that (ring Kinzo's room from the switchboard, then connect the parlor to Kinzo's room).

What about the scene when Krauss shows Natsuhi the gold bar? Is that supposed to be real? (I think it's fake, for various reasons.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote