View Single Post
Old 2007-12-27, 03:49   Link #126
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'd add the bits with Yuzuki-sensei and her caramels to that list. Overall, I think that Myself, Yourself was much more successful when it concentrated on light-hearted storytelling than when it tried to go the heavy drama route at the end. I rather like drama and melodrama, but the execution in this show was off-putting, and it wasn't as entertaining as it should have been. In many ways, Nanaka was the most poorly executed character, and this served to drag the rest of the show down.
Hm, indeed - Yuzuki-sensei had brief screentime, but it was actually nicely executed. It is funny now that i think about it - this show seems more successful when it comes to anyone but the "main pair" ... coupled that with the fact it indeed falls flat where drama is concerned as you said, and we have a recipe for a failure.

Honestly, of all the people in the show Nanaka and Sana had the worst dynamics between them with a very scattered focus, and we end up with what we got - an end that leaves you wanting. This show had the elements to be good, but the way those were put together doesn't make it even an inch above average, even if that much.