Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 02:41   Link #510
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If he's willing to admit that his belief is wrong... well, there's not a whole lot that I can say to that. He'd be doubting his religion. It isn't unheard of, but I wouldn't really expect it.

If it's a case of the second, then I still find his actions to be hypocritical. He's not performing the act because he finds it to be morally objectionable. I don't expect him to blacklist the couple from other IVF doctors, but he doesn't need to go out of his way to help them find a doctor who will perform the procedure. Just how morally objectionable is it?
I didn't mean it as an "either/or" question! And people admitting that their religious beliefs are maybe not absolutely right aren't that rare, surely? Or there wouldn't be so much premarital sex going on, would there?

And as I said - it's a compromise. Some people in this thread would have liked for him to go all the way and service the couple, homosexual or not. I'm sure some fundies would have liked for him to stick to his guns 100% and not have anything to do with them. I think recommending another doctor is just his way of meeting society halfway.