View Single Post
Old 2010-05-24, 22:19   Link #469
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuskull View Post
Lol. One way to put it I guess.

Anyways, Chizuru looks like the type that doesn't like fighting.
It would be nice trying to save someone on a whim, but it would suck to lose your life on it.
Try being in Chizuru's shoes. Would you pull out a small sword to take on 3 grown men who can easily overpower you?

If you said yes, then you clearly don't understand what kind of person Chizuru is lol.
Wasn't it against the law to even masquerade as a guy back then?

The girl can be impulsive. We've seen that in that she went to Kyoto masquerading as a guy to find her father. Besides, it's not like she wouldn't regenerate if she got injured. It'll hurt a lot but if she got stabbed she wouldn't die. And the others would have come to her aid by then. Chizuru was acting as a body shield for O-sen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post

And I agree with you on the NeoAngel and Pretear comparisons -- the issue isn't that it is similar (it is clear they are the same archetype of Otome Girl), the issue is why they have to shape female characters in this way.
Because it's a traditional female fantasy. The girl wants to be saved by the prince and marry the prince. Otome games apparently empowers the girl by having her save the world also. It's a phase that a lot of young girls go thru. I suspect that the age rating is for teens because of the subject matter and the fact that it's PSP/PS/Nintendo games.

Edit: the age rating is less apparently. At least one of them goes down to age 12+ .

Disney had a lot of dough on this formula (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty). Then the princess became empowered and saved the prince (Aladin, Beauty and the Beast, The Princess and the Frog). Ghibli got in on the act some (Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away).

Last edited by orion; 2010-05-24 at 22:51.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote