View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 04:31   Link #473
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^I thought she grabbed the sword because he mentioned her heritage, blood and sword? I don't remember clearly, but I thought that was why she grabbed her sword -- because he mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because it's a traditional female fantasy. The girl wants to be saved by the prince and marry the prince.
That's fine. They can rescue her. What I don't like is that she causes the situation intentionally, knowing full well she can't handle it. It's unnecessary, as a trait, even if the purpose was to have the guys come rescue her. It's annoying for the viewing audience.

----------------
And RE: something Zu Ra said earlier about seeing Chizuru as a younger sister -- that's the vibe I get too. It's not really leading lady/love interest vibes -- she seems to not be made of that material. Haji was still suspicious of her even after a year, and they don't treat her like a potential GF. I guess that's her thing though -- the tomboy. But if this is a romance, it's sorely lacking in that area. There's no build up -- the intent seems to be historical accuracy instead of the romance.

Which is fine, but not what I expected at first.

Last edited by MikaMiaka; 2010-05-25 at 04:46. Reason: spam masubi!!!!!
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote