View Single Post
Old 2007-09-03, 20:11   Link #55
takumi2k4

I can see why Clannad could be a top contender for the best anime of the year, but there's just one problem with it. It's from a game with different endings, if you look closely at the Kanon fanboys, there are still disputes about which ending was really canon or not.

That's my only problem with it, it won't appeal to everybody considering how many Clannad fanboys there are. They will obviously stick to the main arc, which is quite a bummer for some as evidenced by the various eroge adaptation's made.

I really don't understand what's so cool about Gurren-Laggan. I've seen a few episodes of it, but it just drifted off my radar. Which is kinda surprising since I still watch Bleach and Naruto every week! I guess we all do have different tastes.

Lol, anime movie wise, obviously that honor belongs to Byousoku 5CM, no doubt about that, and yeah I do know that the Rebuild of EVA came out a while ago.

But anime series wise, I believe L*S has it already. Many of the anime's who tend to be dramatic rely on violence as an easy way to get it across it's viewers, but with Byousoku 5CM and this episode, violence was not necessary to be dramatic. That's a feat that I believe is pretty hard to accomplish. Even Haruhi had to rely on the violent Shinjin's as a way to resolve a conflict that Haruhi and Kyon was in. And that's coming from a massive Haruhi fanboy.

And I don't mean any offense to the various folks who admire Kanon and Clannad...