View Single Post
Old 2008-10-23, 15:05   Link #126
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Oh so you are the writer for that story. It's looking good so far, I especially like Marina's interaction with Nena. I always like to see a character beliefs challenged and I was quite curious to see if Nena would be someone who would be resolute. The only thing that strikes me as odd is that someone else would actually buy into Setsuna's Gundam fanatic behavior.
That's the big idea behind the first installment. Like Setsuna, Neena gets a world-shattering disaster befall her and those close to her, and then Gundam comes in and saves the day. She gets the equivalent of an emotional bright slap with the death of her brothers and being confronted by her own errors, and she wants to be better so that it won't happen again. Hence, like Setsuna, she wants to emulate the ideal of Gundam.

Granted, I took some liberties, such even making her acceptable to sudden maturity in the first place, but the end idea is that Neena knows she screwed up in a way that may have resulted in the loss of her brothers' lives, she regrets her own impulsive actions (Saji being the living consequence of her deeds), and she wants to be a better person, like Setsuna, who is trying to be Gundam.

Or, shorter, Neena wants to be like Setsuna, and so wants to be Gundam by proxy.

Quote:
As for the drabble with Setsuna and Ali....I guess its reasonable but this only raises questions about Ali. For example why did he stop the KPSA'S activities, ect.
Oh, that's simple. Because he killed them all, probably because he was paid to.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote