View Single Post
Old 2009-01-11, 02:46   Link #119
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Was I the only one who watched the scene where nagi paused on her way to the bath who though she was going to say "Would you care to join me?"
Partly in jest, but the thought had crossed my mind. It's such an easy line to fit in there, isn't it?

I picked up this series a bit late for various reasons, but after seeing it had its own subsection on this forum plus the insane amount of fan-made material for it at Comiket ravaged my curiosity until I relented and sat down to watch it. I wasn't disappointed. It was a fun little series. I did get a little worried though when the Impurities bit seemed to all be disappear after the first few episodes, since I was convinced that was a vital part of the show by the first episode. By the end though, I didn't mind too much, as that aspect seemed to tie together decently. I should hope that trend will continue when a second season is made (because 'if' seems like a pointless word to use for that at this point).

In the pairings, Jin and Nagi did ultimately seem to be most likely. For a while I was hoping it would be for Tsumugi, thinking Nagi would eventually reclaim her power as a goddess and set off in some tearful parting, but as it went on I just saw her as more of a big sister/maternal figure for Jin. Jin never really showed more than minor physical attractions to Zange, and while there's no chance for being paired with Daitetsu, it's been made too easy for doujinshi shipping.

So there's still a lot of things left unsaid in the series, and a lot of concepts that haven't been fully explored. Therefore, I anxiously await a second season and should it not come, I will cry in an attempt to guilt trip the studio into making one.

Oh, and I heard the mangaka sick or something? I hope he makes a full recovery. He has a lot of money to make off of this still.