View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 16:59   Link #6
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Production committees are much more cautious today than they used to be. They prefer to run a series for 11-13 episodes to see how it performs before committing to a second season. There just isn't as much money available as there was in the "boom" years in the last decade.

Also I'd imagine changing tastes play a role. Anime today has a greater proportion of comedies than in years past so there is less need to portray complex stories over 26, 39, or more episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Beat me to the punch.
I agree here. I mean, Love Live had excellent production and we never knew it was getting a second season at all. Based on the popularity and the sales for it, it's definitely getting a second season. Of course this isn't always the case since Production I.G. makes two cours right off the bat (Attack on Titan and Psycho-Pass).

Chihayafuru sort of surprised me with the length it had. I never expected them to make large amount of episodes for these two seasons. Madoka Magica had a great impact on a good amount of people. Although it can't keep itself going for a second season. So another reason why animes could be cut off is that they have no more content to adapt/go with for a second season.

Then you have the increased animations of things.