View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 08:36   Link #32506
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
How about the red statement in the linked room murder where it was stated in red that 6 people are dead. And shanon and kanon were stated as different people
I agree that's a cheat, but it's clear where he intended to go with it. Personalities or characters or whatever are people and a person can die with their body still being alive. Whether you like it or not (and I don't), it applies to Battler in ep8 and "Battler" is biologically alive in some form. If you're going to take all red as literal and all death as permanent biological death, then Toya isn't Battler at all and how does that work exactly? Likewise if everything that has the weight of red truth is literally true in all games everywhere then Jessica survived and George is only capable of killing Maria.

Certainly you could argue that amnesia and killing off a character you're portraying are different, and I'd agree with you, but it's not a hole if we look at what the author was claiming. It's just a very poorly-defined exploit of a rule nobody knew existed because he didn't tell us first. The simpler explanation for that is bad writing to cover up something that was more obvious than he thought it was going to be.

Now I would ask you, which is more reasonable: That he did this deliberately despite almost exclusively providing evidence, particularly in Chiru, of Shkanon/Yasu as the core of Beatrice solely to mislead you from the "real truth;" or that he just isn't a very good writer and had to cheat to temporarily deflect suspicion from a theory that people were pretty much aware of as early as ep2? Shkanon wasn't hated so much because it wasn't supported by anything as because people didn't want it to be true, because it appeared blatantly obvious that it was possible from the outset of the story and seemed a phenomenally stupid idea (and still is, but what can you do at this point?).
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote