View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 18:33   Link #648
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
How about a thread "Requests for new threads" but one where moderators actually read our posts and respond to them?

@fraktur
I was the one who asked moderator to create a thread (again, it's been 4th month in a row). Unless you PM them they won't respond.
Sigh. Yes, because chapter releases are always so reliably out at the exact times every month? I've lost count of how many times I've gotten a request for a new thread when the only thing that existed was some poorly translated spoilers that looked legit but weren't, or how many times I've missed getting a thread open "on time" because the chapter somehow went from raw to full release in record time, or how we've gone over a week after a new thread was created before even seeing images from raws show up on the net.

I apologize that there is no "dedicated mod" for the forum. We do the best we can covering all the sections. You can go ahead and think we don't care though.

As for the suggestions, I'll just say it now: no, and maybe (meaning they're being considered).

Games threads: no, against forum rules.

A thread discussing who got a guess right: no, pointless.

A thread for rewatching: has merit, considering.

A thread for manga chapter review: no, chapter threads exist to discuss chapters. That we even allow so much off topic discussion in those threads is something that shouldn't be taken for granted. If people want to actually use the old threads, perhaps the community should examine what discussions actually take place in the thread outside of chapter discussion and migrate those discussions to an appropriate thread.

For example, the recent chapters offer plenty of material for the Biology of Claymore thread. I'm willing to create new threads directly related to Claymore. For example, I have not seen a request for a thread discussing the Organization. A topic like this could have many different opinions on how it is run, who is in it, how it creates warriors, or the greater conflict with the DoD.

A poll thread for characters: lots of new characters, haven't done one in a while, has merit, considering.

My suggestion if you want to try and revive posting outside of the chapter and image threads: spread out, dig up some old threads with new infos, and suggest threads that could fill in new gaps the manga has created.