Thread: Request Organization of Threads
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-21, 04:51   Link #1
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Organization of Threads

This is just a suggestion as I realize how much work would be required of the admins/mods should it go through, but I would like to request an organization of threads, mainly in the "General" forums, like General Chat and General Anime.

Too many threads very closely resemble each other, and I feel like I'm often at a standstill deciding which to post my opinion in.

For example, there are a lot of "A ____ a Day" threads popping up as of late, and trying to determine which to even follow along in is getting cumbersome. I've got a picture of someone reaching out to help another. Do I post this is the "An Aww A Day", "A Motivational Post a Day", "News Stories" or another thread along those lines?

Movies and sports seems to be another topic that has a ton of different threads, but no generalization. With absolutely no disrespect for those who respect each of these topics, I believe we could efficiently talk of such in general threads regarding such matters. Something like a General Sports threads and a Movies thread. This is why the reply system exists, in my opinion.

I'm not sure, is this possible and even realistic? It has been left like this for a while, so I'm assuming it's not causing problems, and it's not for me either. I'd just like to see a more organized section when I go topic searching; that's how I find the inspiration to post more. I have found myself posting much less in the General Chat forum as of late, as I don't wish to scrub through pages and pages of these new linear/unexpansive topics to find the ones that promote intriguing conversation. Absolutely nothing wrong with fun topics, I love 'em. However, I think some great topics are being shoved far down into obscurity when I believe a little organization can bring life back to them.

I hope I'm not being ridiculous here and am willing to hear what the other members think. It's a community after all; I'm just one of the members who wishes to express a personal opinion.

Thanks in advance.