Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-01-24, 13:09   Link #1478
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. Ako's scar and coloring scream "secret backstory". Maybe we'll get to see that.
The problem is that, when it comes to Ako, Ken is more busy with the "Nagi" subplot than the origins of the scar, hence wasting any potential that she may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I think much of that is just becuase the ministra magi (along with non-ministra characters like Kū Fei and Kaede Nagase) are more popular just becuase they have gotten developed already. I think it was pretty obvious that before he was done, Ken fully intended to develop all the girl's characters so it should be no suppise that we are seeing that development for the "athletic club" at this point, even if it means taking the spotlight off of some of the better known characters for a while.
Unfortunately, I think that the main girls would have been useful in developing the Sports Girls (instead of using the same characters involved in the Ako arc, which pretty much resulted in almost nothing when it came to character development). For instance, Nodoka would have easily worked if she was found earlier because:

Spoiler:

2. Given how she sits next to Ako in her class (and has confessed her love to Negi already), she could have made the "Nagi" situation even more interesting (rather than just "should I tell Ako that Nagi is really Negi?").