View Single Post
Old 2010-11-08, 05:38   Link #132
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Orsula was trying to decode the book because she figure by understanding how the book is written, she might be able to find a way to destroy them. That is why she wanted to decode the books, and this is obviously against the wishes of the Church cause despite all their talk, those who control the grimoire control a very powerful weapon and they wouldn't want it destroyed.
I think they very much want the book destroyed. After all, the grimoire's power is specifically to destroy all of Christianity. The Catholic Church doesn't get a lot of use out of that, I imagine. Can't really tell heretics, "Stop blaspheming or we'll destroy ourselves!" Deicide is very, very bad for a religion. But as has been said, destroying the tome is impossible, so they keep the book sealed away.

I'm curious how Orsula was able to decode the book--albeit unsuccessfully--if she didn't have access to the Vatican's secret library. Apparently they put digital copies of religion-ending magic tomes on their library computers so students at Seminary can write their dissertations?
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote