View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 00:30   Link #121
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Ahh, another fan emerges. Sorry brother, but Nami is young, Robin is a very mature woman. While Nami can still be called a girl on one hand, Robin is very much a woman. Nami suffered what... I believe it was 10 years of servitude to Arlong? She was 18 when she met Luffy and he took her when she was 8? Robin suffered twenty years of struggle and heartache, and to top it off, after the 20 years the thing she chased after was failed. At least after 10 years Nami saw her village be freed. Robin is STILL searching for what she wanted, and to top it off she was forced to go against her nakama after joining Luffy's crew and work with villains again.

My heart goes to Robin and I love every member of SH, not one over another.

If you seriously think Nami's backstory outweighs Robin's in tragedy, then you need to rewatch the Crocodile arc/Robin's backstory, because you're very sadly mistaken. The only reason it can be interpreted that Nami's past outweighs hers, is because in the Arlong arc, the entire arc was based on her past, whereas Luffy's grudge with Crocodile had nothing to do with Robin, it had to do with Vivi.
Freud would say Nami witnessed a bigger tradegy.