Thread: Tower of God
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-14, 18:32   Link #116
Soverence

I know who Baam is, but I am not totally convinced he is Viole, just because of the way that the author likes going about things, is he most likely Baam? Yes, but I am not totally convinced that he is, if is wasn't I wouldn't be totally shocked either.

Someone once made a interesting argument before that the main character of this series isn't actually Baam, that the main character is the tower itself, and I would have to agree with that statement. Whenever I read forums of this series, the most discussed topic is usually the tower and its existence, what is the tower? how big is it? why does it truly exist? Well Baam might be the "main character", the tower is a much more interesting entity then the main character in my opinion.

As for people not seeing Lahel's betrayal coming you had to be a little blind. I found that her betrayal was hinted at for quite awhile before the actual betrayal happened. The atmosphere around her and just the way she showed up in the series screamed *I am not going to allow for a happy ending*. If I had to guess for a reason right now, it might revolve around the idea of Power corrupts all or that she knows Baam's true identity. People say that her betrayal was stupid, but the way the author likes to slowly progress the story, we will learn the reason why later on I am sure, don't think we have seem the last of the series.

And for those comparing this to Air Gear, HA. And let me say it again, HA. Tower of God has stuck with the same tone and direction since the very beginning, nothing has really dramatically changed (Even the new main character reminds me a lot of Baam from season 1). Air Gear took a turn to the crazy house about half way through, until I start seeing sex orgies and World Ending Gods in TOG, I can't even compare them.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote