View Single Post
Old 2007-06-03, 01:21   Link #268
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'd give the first one, but for the second one on healing, I'm just as justified to say that there is no circle per se as you are justified to say that it was masked.
Counter this,
If the math occurs in the linker-core then why is it when Shamal drained Nanoha's linker-core the SB did not dispel. Presuming the math occurs in the linker-core the spell should have been uncontrollable at that state. And also, why was it hard to do the spell with a perfectly intact linker-core but a broken raging heart, but it wasn't as effected as with a broken linker core.

Some other thoughts presuming the theory holds some ground~
AMF
Why is it that AMF doesn't effect the linker-core, or a mage's reserve in any way.

A possible theory would be: if the magic in the show is close to what I described earlier, a form of space-manipulation, then the AMF isn't something that cancels magic but more like interference. Thus math in the AMF doesn't affect the mana as it were, but the math. This would explain why Erio's device turned off on him, why 2-layered bullets work (interference can only interfere in the layer above), why mages mana reserves and linker-cores aren't effected by the AMF in any serious way.

Book of the Night Sky
Here's a little thought on it's origin,
If we were to create a device for the wondering scholar what would it need to do?
Well we wouldn't need a sword or some normal device, so ideally we would want a device that can help with his research, and what better way to do this then a device to create devices.

In other words, the idea behind the book of darkness's design might be to act as a device that creates temporary devices. Hence all of its special uber-size spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist
I'm just saying that the animation for the series is so inconsistant that it's hard to get any solid evidence about anything from it.
Quote For Truth