View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 04:43   Link #15
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

K: Started off very interested, then it gradually got less and less interesting. Had it been a longer series, maybe it could have developed the factions a little bit more, but the only ones who really have a chance at this point are Shiro and Kuro. However, for all the cliffhangers they left us on over the last few episodes about these two, the payoff sure wasn't worth it. I can only hope they use the last of these episodes to build something up and then surprise me.

Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You: I'm going to toss out the fact that it's nothing like the original series, because it's not supposed to be. However, I didn't expect it to be so...mediocre. They want an element of comedy, but it's weak. They want an element of the original content, but it's completely jarring to see these new characters try and be interesting. Not terrible, but doesn't live up at all to its predecessors in any aspect (except for its opening).

Kill Me Baby! - What a boring show. The jokes were bland, the characters had almost no point, and the backgrounds were pulled from the original Sonic The Hedgehog cartoons or something. That wasn't creative, it was laziness. I can scribble "backgrounds" on in crayon like a kindergartener too and call it creative, but it needs to have an actual point. The ending was fun, I'll give it that.

Nisemonogatari: Don't get me wrong, this series wasn't terrible, it was disappointing. After Bakemonogatari, they just pumped in the fanservice and put all the focus on Karen. Tsukihi arc, what's that? 9 or 10 of the 11 episodes is about Karen, even under the pretense of calling the episodes "Tsukihi Phoenix". Started off great as usual with some fantastic imagery (like Kaiki glowing red in front of the blood sky), then it gave it up for toothbrushes.

Sword Art Online: Started off fantastic, but slowly has been degrading since then. Introduces more and more of a focus on fanservice and less on the plot on hand.

Oh, and I've been hearing a lot about how Rinne no Lagrange's second season is disappointing, but I haven't seen it yet. I refuse to watch it subbed by people who endlessly call them the "Sweats Club". I thought I could stomach it, but it just gets on my nerves.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-11-25 at 07:32.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote