View Single Post
Old 2007-06-19, 10:34   Link #87
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'd like to point out the horror which is mentioned on their webpage. It says that they are working on episode 2. Does anyone know why this simple fact is truly frightening?
More horror, I'm afraid, NSW. From the SweetSecretSubs page, we read:

"9 June - Contacted FLC quite a few days before on subbing SM2. Put forward the Odd-Even proposal but received nothing up till today. Decided to start subbing each episode from Ep 3 onwards since FLC claimed to have done Ep 2."

This is not to knock either FourLeaf or SweetSecret, but I still do not understand why there are no established fansub groups taking on this project. It's not like there's no audience for this show. I understand that subbers produce shows that they like, but are there no fans for SaiMono in those groups? Do we really need four versions of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann?

Right now I continue to collect raws. Someday I'll sit down with two computers, watch the raws on one, and follow along in Impz's and/or usagijen's blog summaries on the other. I am a bit concerned that I don't yet see the episode 11 raw on the site I've been following; might be time for more googling.

Sigh. Done ranting now.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote