View Single Post
Old 2009-06-23, 11:05   Link #163
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To put it another way, it could be said that Whitebeard is holding back the "bad" pirates (those "silver medalist" found on Level 6), and with his downfall, chaos will reign (for a time) across the Grand Line.
Bad pirates? Roger has fought against Whitebeard before (regardless of who started the fight). The deadly nature of the fight suggests it is not a tournament kind of friendly thing either. Unfortunately, for Whitebeard, he didn't seem to have won against Roger. But there are many whom he won against, so-called silver medalists. Just like Roger was not evil, there may be many who would feel the same way.

And I don't really consider them as evil even if they do not care about his influence in the sea, and this protecting the innocent civilians. They are pirates, and they always try to be better, stronger, richer, etc. This is like saying if Mihawk would be protecting the civilians (which is something he should be doing as a Shicihbukai by getting rid of stupid rotten pirates), then Zoro's challenge of him to drop him of power, regardless of the consequences (such as death), would have brought him an evil status.

And I am sure Whitebeard is not a purely innocent pirate either. I am not sure about the following statement, but in my opinion, if he would be, I am sure Oda would have already made him the second Pirate King.