View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 20:34   Link #6662
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And Nanoha in general is an idealistic universe, so pink beams of friendship will eventually make everything mostly okay.
That's why i was calling on FORCE for being a pretentiously dark series. During the first half most of the idelistic concepts of the Nanoha canon were defied if not outright subverted with the introduction of the Huckebein family and all the consequences carried by their appearance as also Tohma's actions. The new rules of the setting disabled Nanoha's pink beams of freindship and replaced them with blue blasts of destruction (true destruction this time). The new villains are too much for the heroes to handle without using lethal force (Signum got trounced among other thing for being a softie who forgot how to fight a death battle ...and later she only managed to force a draw due the her insistance on capturing Cypha alive, altough that was not that bad of a thing thinking about it, i could gave a Cypha a good excuse to stop holding back and things could go really bad for Sig-chan). And to top it all off most of the plot is driven by Curren and Hardis talking about stuff only they know with Section Six left in the dust scratching their heads about what to do for most of the manga.

For a moment things looked very different than in previous seasons (Original Season was mainly about Nanoha befriending a beautful girl, heck, in the Movie 1st manga Nanoha's intervention wasn't even key to solve Precia's case the bureau did it all without much trouble xDU). 2nd season had sme tension but nowhere as much. We've got glimpses of the Wolkenritter's niceness right from the start and their treat of the heroes wasn't nearly as evilish, the Masked guys were the ones who posed the most mistery and threat during the season. Even in StrikerS where the stakes and damage were more "realistic" it was more or less stated the numbers are considerably weaker than the main cast powerwise, hence their overreliance in teamwork, deceiving tactics and batallions of Gadget Drones equiped with AMF tech aiding them in battle.

In FORCE we knew right from the start that the villains are awfully stronger than the heroes, that they aren't nice people at all (affably evil at best), that the cool powers trained and developed by our heroes for years are now useless and that their new weapons are actually weaker than their old ones (again not making this up, Vita herself gave us plenty of exposition about how dire their situation is for being forced to rely on AEC-Equipement). The odds were really bad and the implication of our heroes being forced to finally draw blood on the battlefield was greater than ever, adn then ...nothing happened. The highlight of the bloodshed was Signum being slaughtered then all the carnage got toned down to the point of being the same as before ...only lamer.

At least i'm getting a few laughs with the Grendels and i'm waiting for something interesting to happen with them ...or for something interesting to happen at all xDU The main plot started to run in circles for about 6 chapters and as i said i'm waiting to see what the heck Curren is planning. Sansker is right about plot keys being constantly thrown then forgotten so i hope this is not the case here, Curren is supossedly going after something big and Hardis is supposedly confident about having his plans running smoothly so i hope things get finally explained soon.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote