View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 08:58   Link #186
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The result is that Shu and Hare did something an order of magnitude dumber, which resulted in Hare's death and came close to killing Shu, too. He should either have come with the means to actually rescue them, or let them succeed or fail on their own. But he did the worst thing he could do instead.
Perhaps so, but Shu had no way of knowing if there was enough time for that. And as we saw by how long it took Yahiro and the others to mobilize, Souta and his troupe probably would have been gonners by then (they only survived until Yahiro got there because Shu was there to draw GHQ away).

Souta was desperate to prove he was more than "just an F-rank" (and perhaps desperate to survive, though I didn't get the feeling that that was his primary motive), and made a mistake in the way he went about it. Shu was desperate to save Souta and the others, and made a mistake by rushing in there with just Hare and no good way of actually fighting. The way I see it, Souta's at fault for creating the situation while Shu is at fault for recklessly endangering Hare, but they both have their excuses I think.