View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 20:08   Link #438
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 54: Grab the DigiXros of Glory! Our Future!!

Yatta!!

I slacked off during all this week, but I took my time to finally end the sixth digimon season equal to the first part of Xros Wars.

I do agree with all of you who managed to watch this last episode over a week ago, that the pacing was short-paced because the quality standards and production values skyrocketed through most of this fifty-fourth episode.

Seriously, TOEI should encourage themselves to make a Xros Wars film, compiling the best moments of the series with new footage.

I got to see the return of not only old and favorite digimon getting reborned and joining the battlefield, but also of phrases which marked the personality that this sixth season delivered. From Taiki's, "Can't leave it all alone", to Shoutmon's, "Do you want to know, then let me tell you".

I was as well surprised and thrilled with all the Xros Heart United Army digimon joining the battlefield and duking out against the Bagura Army, that's until DarknessBaguramon tipped the scales against our heroes with his data eraser, nuclear blast. However, all children and Digimon summoned the final Xros form.

This season marked the first of new standards delivered:
1. Although the final battle takes place in the human world much like it did previously in Digimon Tamers and Digimon Savers, this time the last boss was DarknessBaguramon (a digimon) unlike in the previous two series mentioned in which the last boss was a non-Digimon entity.
2. Not all main cast children characters received a Xros Loader: Akari and Zenjirou are not "chosen" per se as to the Digimon mythology standards, because they didn't receive a Xros Loader, but I do thank them for their continual support of their friends and the beautiful drama they both portrayed on screen.
Spoiler:

3. Taiki's good-boy natured and disposition never bothered me at al times, because through much of the series it became balanced with Kiriha's initial cold and frivolous disposition, and it fulfilled me watching how those two characters developed emotionally and grew-up during the second act of the show.
4. All the Digital worlds' digimon contributed in the formation of Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode to defeat Darkness Baguramon.
5. It's been a long while since the first Digimon Adventure that the last evil, enemy boss Digimon gets defeated without being absolutely destroyed for good. Baguramon was dusted into data, but X7's dialogue clearly suggests that he might be reborned again. In Adventure, Apocalymon's data got sealed by the chosens' digivices and sent off to Infinity for good measure.
6. Unlike Digimon Adventure and Digimon Tamers ending, Xros Wars ended with a blazing note of triumphant happiness as all digimon waved their good-byes, and the humans for first time were able to see them off, and Taiki closes his monologue narration hopeful with a smile that he might meet again with Shoutmon for the next summer.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote