View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 11:11   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How is people simply complaining a "discussion"? I can see it the other way, but I dunno about simply complaing being a discussion by default. A complain doesn't imply reason, judgement or otherwise from the person complaining. It's no different then calling whining a discussion.

Maybe I'm misreading your post and by complain you mean something else entirely?

If you want to complain then make it a discussion. Which means: you are not just gonna shit on the series in the process or make generic broad claims that could just as well apply to anything, or throw some generic labels and sly remakrs (ie. moe, childish, etc)... and most importantly if your "discussion" doesn't get off the ground you won't constantly repeat it over and over if you have nothing to add to your previous post. And if you have something to add, obviously you wouldn't repeat the previous points.

A discussion can have some complaining in it, sure. But a complaint =/= discussion. I can even give you a sign of when its wrong: if you can't even name what the "best part about it" is in your arguments, ie. "it is bad, because the best part about it is XXX" then you aren't discussing or assesing or judging anything but simply throwing out labels with out actual arguments. Of course that's just an example, but ideally there should be some comparison to something and not just ranting for the sake of ranting and venting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Having a post removed again and again (simply because it is a rant) until it becomes acceptable?
That's too much censorship.
I disagree. Even though it's removed, you can post, and you are not punished.

Currently in the examples I gave you, you either can't post, or are severly punished for it. Also, you get to suffer countless accusations from other posters. I would rather have my posts removed and have to rephrase them if by chance I was out of line then deal with the awkwardness of the current system.