Thread: Licensed CLANNAD the Movie
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-22, 22:03   Link #13
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I wonder how the movie foucus will be, and which bits they will change. I can't wait to see Nagisa animated ^-^
The focus will be on Nagisa almost without a doubt. The other heroines will probably get a cameo/sub-heroine level appearance during the school life arc, and then fade out once we get into the After Story portion (speculation).

Quote:
For planetarian if it were to be animated, I wonder if they would animate bits from the novel.
Planetarian would make a good movie, although for some reason, it doesn't look like anyone is expecting one. Perhaps because of its limited story contents compared to a full-fledged game?

Quote:
Looking way ahead I hope for a Little Busters anime too XD
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. First we need to hope that the game actually gets released on the promised date first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Fear? That's what I'm hoping for. It'll be a total mess if they try to focus on more than one of the ladies. Sure, the others can have small parts, but spreading itself too thin would be far worse than just focusing on one single plot thread.
Oh, no, I wasn't suggesting in any way that they should try to capture the other girls' routes. To begin with, that would be impossible to do even if we split the movie into several installments. Besides, most other heroines' routes weren't all that significant compared to Nagisa's epic main route anyway (save Fuuko's, I cried so damn hard during her ending ).

By barebones I meant the movie having so little room to wiggle, they wouldn't have time to portray anything from Nagisa's story except the bare minimum that's required for the story to make sense. We're talking about a story that progresses through several eras in the characters' lives, after all.

Another concern I have, though less important, is the atmosphere the movie will end up providing. Anyone who played CLANNAD (or any Key game, for that matter) will tell you that it is a game that's as funny as it is touching (I think game fans will agree that CLANNAD wouldn't be CLANNAD without Sunohara or Akio's gut-bustingly funny antics). If possible, I want to see a movie that can maintain the "serious but gut-wrenching funny at times" atmosphere that the game managed to achieve.

Then again, maybe I'm just worrying too much. Dezaki-san is one of the most experienced anime directors out there, and I'm sure his experience with AIR movie will help with CLANNAD as well.
(then again, the guy is like 54 years old... ^^; )

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-02-22 at 22:15.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote