View Single Post
Old 2008-07-10, 04:39   Link #1108
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
And I disagree i find Louise not so much annoying. Lets say another Tsundere loli from Toradora (Aisaka Taiga) is much more annoying for me as at least Louise loves Saito while Taisaka doesn't even love the main character and is in love with his best friend but keeps abusing the main character and using him.

I find Louise very likable because though she is spoiled brat she does have her sense of responsibility, is ready to throw everything for her friends (like when she followed Saito to save Tabitha she rejected her noble title and became a commoner). and her love for Saito is really monstrous to the point where she tries to kill herself once learning (or believing he is dead).

I don't see how it is annoying as Saito likes Louise a lot, mostly for those points either, yes she is extreme but she can be extreme in liking or disregarding her own self for others. Not to mention that I find her to be the most cute (the way she talks and acts) compared to all other ZnT cast.

She grows up much more after Saito's return after his supposed death also.

And i agree with AnCri123 about Henrietta. She isnt evil or bad, yet she can be two-faced, manipulative and rather selfish at other times. She isn't that easy to like as she is probably most controversial character in ZnT but she is also arguably the most complex either.

And yes she is rather disliked by the most ZnT fans in Japan. Well again they can read novels beyond volume 9 and after that and that is the place where it becomes much more easier to dislike Henrietta.

P.S. AnCri123, don't be so pessimistic. Yes, right now i am the only active translator but serenade may return and we also may get those few new translators that Matt talked about so it may not take so long.

Right now i am halfway-through part 4 already (mostly because of the toothache I am having last few days as it ensures I have sleepless nights taht i spend translating so I progress faster)...

And then will take over chapter 1 of volume 6 (Novaren quality is still not up there as he needs more experience) which has already some parts translated... So yaeh.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-07-10 at 04:55.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote