View Single Post
Old 2008-04-02, 00:13   Link #9
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Animation quality: 10/10. This one is a given. If it doesn't get better with time, you fucking suck.
VAs: 8.5/10. Lockon, Nena, Al/Hal, Ali, and Sumeragi were done well. The rest aren't too great IMO. Par for the course. I still think the CE universe has G00 beat on VAs though...Tanaka Rie is just too much win.
Characters: 5/10. I'm sorry, but the majority of the cast were pretty damn static throughout. Only the meisters had any real development whatsoever and the rest of the cast was more or less there from the beginning as cannon fodder. Furthermore, why is it that we get the most development for a character right as they're about to DIE? Well gee, does it matter by that point? No. Granted, Lockon fucking rocked, Ali is a DAMN fine villain for being one of those unique people that DON'T want to blow up humanity or conquer the world. Sure the guy's an asshat, but at least he's not some emo philosophically off the deep end whacko like your typical gundam villain (Just about every single post UC villain goes here except Treize and Une) Oh, and Alejandro Corner...BAD TREIZE RIPOFF. VERY VERY BAD TREIZE RIPOFF.
Mechs: 4/10...sorry. Bland. Exia=par for the course. Dynames=ehhh. Kyrios=decent. Virtue=so fat it hides a transgender gundam in it. GN Xs are one of the worst grunt designs I've seen in a LONG time if ever, and let's not get started on the fatsuki.

Overall 8/10...excellent at its good points, but when you step back and wipe your tears from those that went bawling over Lockon's death or Daybreak's Bell at the end there, it has its flaws. Although they're nowhere NEAR as blatant as GSD's reused animation (YES SHINN, DO A BARREL ROLL WITH STELLA DYING IN YOUR ARMS), just about everything G00 doesn't do well it does rather poorly on, albeit that's few and far between. Wing and SEED have this thing edged out IMHO. As for Destiny, its effort at continuing a story were valiant, but god damn it, it just seemed like the producers didn't care about it as much as they tried milking the CEverse.

As for season 2, I really want to hear...

"DYNAMES, MOKYO NERAI UTS!" some more.