View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 21:42   Link #78
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Off track here but is Horizon good? It seem so big that I couldn't get the courage to start reading it ~
It's intimidating but I would say it's a well-built series. It has a lot of solid history, concepts and background surrounding it, and you'll need to understand all of those while reading Horizon. That's probably why a lot of people are intimidated by it.

Plus, THEY'RE HUGE (the horizon books start midway through).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Ya those transitions were done quite nicely ~_~ kinda give off a different feel from those other novels which end in one vol and a whole new story start on the next one, not that there's anything bad about it.
It makes the story into something dynamic, something that reacts to every character's actions and inputs, rather than something constant. A constant story to me is something akin to a play, where all the characters act out predetermined roles and actions. I'm not arguing that one is superior than the other; it's more out of personal preference that I like reading a dynamic story.

Getting close to finishing Volume 2 now! Finally reached the part where Eleonora and Lyudmila marched their armies.