View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 15:53   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurus View Post
The point is that even the best programmer couldn't use the console of SAO..

Why? How should he know the commands? There is no graphical interface..
I think we have to assume that, while he was typing, he was getting feedback through his own NerveGear system, since he also downloaded Yui's program into his own unit. We have seen before that, except on rare occasions, we don't usually see the same thing the players actually see (because when we do, it switches to that weird sort of FPS view with the indicators). Our third-person perspective "camera" could only see Kirito typing blindly into a keyboard. It may have helped for the anime to illustrate Kirito's perspective for a moment in this case so that we could see that he wasn't just typing blindly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
In fact, I'm surprised she even has a body, since as far as I can tell she wasn't designed to interact with players.
Actually, they did address that part. She was designed to interact with players, because she says that she would normally have gone to meet the players in distress. (This is why she was given human qualities, and programmed with "emotions" like empathy.) She was just forbidden to do so by Cardinal, based on Kabaya's decision.