View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 15:35   Link #2278
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Nope, but Haruna's not winning any points with me by always resorting to violence.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Yui has shown, however, that she won't scold Rito when the two are alone. The same can't be said for Haruna.
That's one of my points. Yui does it to scold. Haruna does it out of a knee-jerk reaction to the guy she likes feeling her up out of the blue. She gets scared and nervous. There's no evil intent behind it.

Quote:
Of course she'd say it in that situation, they're at school and she has an image to uphold as the morals officer. But she never strikes him.

Yui's is a catchphrase, Haruna's is physical violence. Hardly the same.

I never said she grew out of the scolding, but the beat downs that usually accompanied it.
Like you said, she hasn't hit him for awhile. She grew out of that. Then again, though you say she did it purely becasue they were at school, most of Haruna's reactions fall under the same category you know.

Like I said, the scolding and violence reaction is fundamentally the same, but you are absolutely correct that Harunas is worse and she needs to stop it.

Quote:
Really? Name one instance where Haruna didn't inflict pain on Rito when he 'molested' her.
Hmm. I'll need to come back to you on this one.

I've seen some times when Haruna gets into pervy situations with him and she doesn't smack him, but those have weird circumstances around them.

For example, during the time that Haruna stayed at Rito's after dinner and they thought Sabuki was a burglar - Rito grabbed Haruna's ass and she smacked him for it. But right after that they stuffed themselves in a tight little cupbourd where Rito's knee rubbed against her crotch. Haruna dismissed it as unimportant.

Another time was when Haruna landed on his face as usual - except they were distracted by the killer dinosaur.

Another was during Haruna's birthday party, when they played twister. Lala ended up scolding him that time

I even found a time when Rito stumbled and Haruna caught him from behind, her hands in the exact position Rito's usually end up in. Then she told him to hold still while she soaked up the sensation, mentally telling herself that she needed to exercise self control

The time way back when during the sea-side school trip, when Haruna hide him under the covers may or may not count

During Trouble Quest Haruna landed on Rito's face, but Haruna simply seemed to jump off him. Yui was the one to kick him that time
----

I found at least one. Chapter 27. He falls forward and grabs her ass, but she just runs away. Ah, that was a long time ago.

I'd like to take this time to mention two things. 1 - I'd forgotten how bloody cute Haruna looks with bangs. See chaps 77 and 135 and you'll understand what I mean. and 2 - Man, those two can get in a really good mood when nothing prevy happens to interrupt them.

Thanks Freeter. Debating with you made me think back to possible scenes, which lead me to check on said scenes, which lead me to reread some awesome Haruna chapters.

Quote:
'probably'? More like 'definitely'. Being portrayed as a sadist in that one chapter certainly didn't help her image.
See above. You can't really keep that against her though. She wasn't exactly in her right mind that chapter

Quote:
She's proven that she'll only scold Rito depending on the circumstances, whereas Haruna will strike Rito regardless.
Like I said, only three or 4 times she hasn't laid into him. The circumstances seem to be that they have to be alone and Yui needs to bein a particularly good mood. It helps if something happens to take their mind off it.

Last edited by Ashaman; 2011-08-19 at 17:49.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote