Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and Eliarine
please dont fix my posts
there was a reason for why i said that form a logical POV the ending sucked
its not from MY POV
its from simple plot logic
dead people should stay dead and plot induced stupidity in characters that are suppose to be smarter then god just doesnt make for a logical conclution
Your logic is based on your own opinions. The examples you brought up to prove that, logically speaking, the ending "sucked ass" are facts you interpreted as illogical.

1) Lelouch didn't want Nunally to know what he was up to, because she would have tried to stop him. There was an intense scene about their feelings as siblings in the last parts of the show, and that was when Lelouch died.

2) Lelouch and Suzaku wanted to involve as little close friends in their plans as possible, and to fake Suzaku's death. It fits. Not to mention that from a mecha-show POV, there had to be a final confrontation between the two best Knightmares in the series.

3) Apart from showing how badass Orange is, it also happened to allow him to realize Anya's memories had been tampered with, and to un-Geass her.

People coming back from the dead is not the greatest thing ever, but Sunrise has a thing for plot twists. And apart from Nunally - which fits into the WHAT A TWEEST category - Cornelia and Guilford weren't that important in the finale to use this as an excuse to call it completely illogical. I already gave my opinion on the whole Geassing Schneizel matter, but the only thing wrong with this is the way Lelouch did it in my opinion. As for Lelouch and Suzaku reconciling, that was Shirley's doing, their old friendship did the rest. I would have liked to know more about that one month they spent together too, but it was necessary for it to remain secret to make the finale even more intense.

That only leaves Nunally coming back from the dead and Lelouch's lame trick as "illogical" stuff as far as I'm concerned. Though I should mention here that when talking about the "ending" I mainly mean Zero Requiem itself, which was the best thing out of R2 for me.

tl;dr: The ending sucking ass is still your opinion. I personally think it rocked.

@blottyparchment: Thank you so much for the translation! <3 That was awesome xD
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote