View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 02:42   Link #11462
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Okay, why is it a given that he can't understand what they go through? There's a difference between not liking something, and not understanding what others go through. Not saying he's right in his methods, but I just wanted to clarify this semantic point.

While I agree that he can be overly stubborn, I don't think his methods are inherently "wrong" per se.
Haha. Well, to clarify I was not really talking about Zenkichi's "methods", but moreso his beliefs or attitude. Alternatively his perspective.

I mean, for the first example, do you think it was realistic for Zenkichi to believe that the Student Council could reach/save Medaka without Team Loser? Reasonable that he should refuse their help because it might hurt Medaka's emotions? Zenkichi did, and it was this attitude of aiming too high while at the same time not looking at realistic consequences of failure which describes Zenkichi's attitude as false/empty optimism. Zenkichi believed/hoped he could do something, which was not only impossible but pointless to do.

Actually, to be more accurate, I guess you could call this "false" Plus, or "trying too hard" Plus.

So with regards to what I said about "understanding" what Medaka, or other Abnormals/Minuses had seen, I wasn't really talking about hardship or experiences. "Gone through" wouldn't quite be the right words. It was just more like, a realistic/accurate understanding of reality. Of what's actually possible, what their limits are, stuff like that. Also, what's worth doing in the first place. In general, the reason why other types of characters would be more likely to understand this kind of stuff (realistically achievable things) would either because they have a higher capacity to understand things quicker (i.e. Abnormals) or have more experience fighting against not being able to achieve them (Minuses).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote