View Single Post
Old 2014-08-22, 19:08   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When I think of "photoshop", I tend to think of fusions and joke images. Like cropping a character from one show out of an image, and putting her into an image from a different show featuring that show's characters, perhaps to advertise something like a crossover fanfic. Or maybe using a popular meme to make a photoshop image poking fun at a particular anime character or show.

So I'm probably not the best judge of what you're calling photoshop.

Simply as artwork, what you created above loves very well-done and, well, artistic to me. It's definitely not hard to see the skill and talent behind the work.

That being said, I'm not sure if your photoshop is artwork just for the sake of art (i.e. creating something visually pleasing), or if you're trying to say something about this particular character. While your image is lovely, it also strikes me as a bit ominous if I take it seriously. In other words, is the point of your image that this character (who I'm unfamiliar with) is kind of insane?

I don't know if that's a pen or a knife she's holding there. So, by extension, I don't know if that dark spot on her face should make me think "spilled ink" or "blood". If you're going for disturbing ambiguity here, then well done.

Until I know what you're aiming for with your photoshop work here, there's not much more I can add. If you simply want to know how it looks, well, it looks very nice, though it could leave mental impressions that you may or may not want it to give.