View Single Post
Old 2014-08-23, 15:13   Link #6
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
Definitely an interesting look, seems like you've been using masks and some custom filters/brushes. Always good to experiment!

I think what makes it a bit confusing for me is the shape of the main component. The lead-in from the right makes it seem like a flowing piece, but then you hit the other arm and it hits what seems to resemble a shadow. So in the sense of attempting "abstract" themes, it detaches itself from reality somewhat enough.

If "abstract art" is what you're after, it should really take no form that can be "defined" immediately. The most famous abstract paintings are studied for life and still not understood. Jackson Pollock's abstract spray methods and Kazimir Malevich's "The Black Square" (it's literally a black square on a canvas) are some such examples.

But hey, now I'm just spewing art terms. The important thing is, your piece is quite strong from how much stuff from the last thread you utilized. I say keep strong at it! I only see things getting better and better from here.
Yep! I've been taking it as far as I could challenge myself. I didn't plan on getting serious about this at first, but it's been non-stop fun. The foundation tools you handed me have been essential in every work I've put in to.

Hey if you know art theories then please share it. It's not going to hurt my progress any you know that .

Have you started teaching a class? I'd think you'd do well.

(Yandere is so harsh :P. I'm going to attempt to do a Yandere next and see if I'll get the opposite effect.)
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote