View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 00:30   Link #121
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I learned to stop worrying about Menma proving her existence after the 3rd episode or so. It's an acceptable break from plausibility for me, like how most people accept temporal paradoxes in time travel stories. Besides, the excellent drama and characterization that transpired in the last 8 episodes has more than made up for that 'problem'. By the time Menma finally did reveal herself, I was surprised since I was so absorbed in the plot that I didn't expect her to drop the bomb at that moment.

This episode was so heavy with plot, full of not one but several emotional explosions, yet it didn't feel the least bit rushed. This was perfection of pacing on the same level of Madoka Magica's episode 10. And as for the drama, it was just as good as it was in the rest of the series: awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
This isn't so much about AnoHana; it's just that one of the scenes reminded me...

Ever notice how people always go somewhere else, usually a park or tea shop, when they have to talk? They NEVER have their conversation where they meet. I'm just trying to imagine in real life, running into someone on the street, "Oh hey, we need to talk. Mind walking for ten minutes to the nearest tea shop, settle down, place our orders, and then discuss it?" Not just in anime; it was during a J-Drama that I first noticed this trope. I swear it happens all the time.

... yeah I was reminded of that by Jinta and Menma-otouto. Still enjoying, still don't have much else to say... ^^;;
It's possible that they don't want to bother others with their issues or drama, thus they have special places for certain conversations. Imagine two teenagers having a heated dramatic argument in the front of a busy store or something.