Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 02:51   Link #1451
enrico7113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One or two places were passing this up because of the remake trope where a remake cannot be better than the original. Or the general "old" treatment. But as others have mentioned, this is no regular remake.

Maybe once it is on TV others will notice it. I mean a show like Girls und Panzers went kind of unnoticed until they started showing relatively accurate tank battles and Japanese girls singing Russian folk songs.

I've also noticed a weird set of similarity with Yamato and Girls und Panzers fandoms. It is quite odd, but there are a bunch of NicoNico Videos of scenes (sometimes half the episode if there is a lot of tank fighting) with the soundtrack dubbed over with Yamato 2199's music, and some that go a step more by substituting Yamato sound effects into the show.

Probably the best example I could find. Spoils a little bit, but its fun and reasonably done.
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
wow it is really strange to listen to Yamato music and Yamato sounds in a totally different contest
I liked a lot the detailed tanks even if it is not completely accurate regarding tank warfare tactics
unfortunately it is not subbed
but I find this serie extremely nice
by the way a new gamilas character appeared on the yamato2199net page
a possible Celestra aide
(by the way what does it mean Ilun Phezeron ?)
enrico7113 is offline   Reply With Quote