View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 21:40   Link #610
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Just finished the scanlation. What the hell is "So you've forgotten about sogen" =.=". Sometimes I really think these translators should do some research for thing that they don't know the meaning of about instead of just making up words by deducing to translate faster =.=". It will also enrich their language knowledge.

The real Japanese word Marika said was "Sogen no koto made wasuretokka?" which is hakata-ben(hakata dialect) for "Sonna koto made wasuretakka?(did you even forget about that?)". The words Marika said after that part was all using Hakata-ben, which shows the difference between the ojyou-Marika(using normal Japanese with ojyou-sama speech pattern such as desuwa) into the real-Marika(a country girl using Hakata dialect) which triggers the protagonist memory of her.

Also, to answer surerman's question, the protagonist calls her Marie(a long i ending), which I suppose is her nickname, which is why the protagonist doesn't recognize her when she introduce herself as Mari(they sound a little similar, but a Japanese will be able to differentiate them, just like how they can differentiate -o and -ou).
Ah so that's explain it...
Thanks for the clearance...

Then what happened between Marika and Raku??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote