View Single Post
Old 2010-10-01, 14:25   Link #17812
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Asumu is a black hole of information. Our most prolific source on her happens to also be the one who outright admits to loathing her and who contemplated and even planned her murder(!). She's biased and doesn't hide that. Unfortunately, it presents us a major obstacle.

Biology aside, Asumu was Battler's mother. We've seen that mothers' impacts on their children are a major thematic element of the story, yet we're missing it in two very prominent places: Battler, and Kinzo's own children. What little we superficially know about Asumu and Kinzo's wife is remarkably unhelpful.
I honestly think Asumu is more significant that Kinzo's wife. The latter was mentioned maybe one or twice, here and there, but Asumu has been referenced in every game since EP 1 (although I think EP 2 might have left her out, can't remember for certain).

EP 1- Battler tells us that his actual mother is dead and he lived with her parents for six years.
EP 3- Kyrie mentions Asumu in her talk with Leviathan.
EP 4- We find out Asumu isn't Battler's mother.
EP 5- Battler says how Asumu read his a story about colonies of rabbits on the moon (and speaking of that- notice how the theme song for the Siesta Sister summoning is called 'Dance of the Moon Rabbits') which he uses as a reason to not give up on Natsuhi.
EP 6- Kyrie talks about her again.

I'm not too certain about her being specifically mentioned in EP 7, but I do know that Kyrie and Rudolf mentioned Battler's birth during the tea party.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote