View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 11:10   Link #290
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised is spikey over there started PKing or something. Anyway, wouldn't the Beater thing stop after the first 10 floors? Level 8 was one of the highest levels reached, so if people still complain about the Beater's then they're just being ridiculous.
Somehow I doubt it will end there. After all even after the first 10 floors the knowledge and experience that allowed the beta testers to get ahead should create a gap that isn't going to easily close. Even if the beta testers have to play it the same as everyone else they are going to be at a further point when they do it. Of course after those first 10 floors the only thing the beta testers have is experience they cashed in on from months earlier. But once people pick out a group to hate they really don't want to let go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The conversation with Asuna was the slow part of the episode and her whole presence raises so many questions. How can someone be hungry in a virtual world? How does eating virtual food satiate that hunger? How is she so much quicker on the attack than others? Is it because of her stats? Builds? Class? Her own instincts? If so how? What made her choose to party up with Kirito? What made Kirito take such a shining to her and decide to party up with her? The episode doesn't do much to address any of these nagging questions, but I hope to have at least some of them explained to me later.
I'm pretty sure Kirito even said in the first episode that eating that food tricks your body into thinking you're not hungry. So based on that would think the game can trick you into thinking you are hungry to make a more real environment. If it can create taste then messing with your hunger should also be possible. In terms of partnering up I think it was simply a matter of convenience. Going into a boss battle solo is seriously risky and they have their lives on the line. There was literally no one else for them to turn to and at least for Asuna it had the option of being a temporary alliance that could be broken off right after. No long term commitment on either side. Maybe for Kirito it was also just avoiding the stigma of saying "hey I have no friends at all ." Might also have tipped him off as being a beta tester that instead of having friends he leveled up with he's in this town alone.

Quote:
Also what I wasn't expecting was Kirito to basically go "check it out I'm actually a dick! Like my awesome new item, here I'll show it off right in front of you!". I'm not exactly sure what revealing all that was supposed to accomplish or if he just lost it, but it was a bit out of the blue to say the least. Also now that I think of it the abrupt switch to Asuna being all ditzy with Kirito as they walked away after such a tense situation didn't exactly paint either of them in a very positive light. I guess they really truly do not think all that much of the other players or their situation. Might have a group of anti-heroes on our hand at this rate.
I thought his reaction was pretty predictable. Well I wasn't sure exactly what he was going to do, but it made sense once he got started. Seemed to be mostly avoiding the group self-destructing. In order to climb these people need to rely on each other since like he told Asuna at the end there is a limit for what a person can do solo. If everyone gets caught up in hating beta testers and suspecting each other they are just going to get killed. He becomes a common source of hate and everyone unites instead of falling apart.

With Asuna thought it was just a funny realization of something that'd been staring her in the face the whole time. Quickly went back to relative seriousness in asking what Kirito was going to do and then the episode ended. Will definitely need some more episodes to get a full picture of her personality though this episode was a good start.