View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 19:03   Link #104
MarkS00N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Schools and universities generally don't give you insta-jobs wherever you want (Akane), or force people to strictly limit their employment options (Akane's friends). If you simply manage to get an University degree in the right field (poor, poor Arts students... ), you have a shot. You don't need to be an "A" or anything like that. It helps, but it's usually not a deal-maker or a deal-breaker, at least based on what I've seen, read, and heard about.
I have to disagree with you here...
I don't know about your country, but there are reason in mine (at least till two years ago) you want to get in to University...
You get an A, then you will get whatever job you wish, whatever you wish...
There are limitation still, like you can't be a doctor if you are an IT bachelor, but you got my point...

On the other hand, you get a bad mark, you will only get blue collar work...
Period.

Unless you make your own job of course...

Quote:
Sure, but I'd rather leave those recommendations to human beings who (hopefully) have empathy, and likely a better ability to account for unique contexts.

Hell, your speed limit example fits perfectly here. Let's say you're driving 20 over the speed limit because you just got a call that your wife is giving birth. A human cop may say "Ok, we'll give you an exception here. Keep going, no ticket today, and congratulations!". A machine is more likely to not make a reasonable exception here.
So you are saying that we can't have speedometer because it doesn't have empathy?

Base on your statement, the speedometer recognize that the man speed over the limit, but the police choose not to take action...
Now in to dominator, it recognize that the woman's CC in episode 1 is over the limit, but Akane choose not to take the shot...
As far as I see, nothing is vastly different here, just a much more polished tool to help human daily life...
I mean, a cowboy will also afraid of speedometer as they don't understand it and though it will limit their freedom...