View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 12:32   Link #5436
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Nogi, you mean, the dear old "bitchslapped to sanity"? =P

yeah, Vallen, you do have your share of a point in saying that Lelouch is a pragmatical one, that's why I agree that he won't get bathshit crazy if he'd ever wake up alive. Still, he'd have had to live with his guilt and unable to tell the truth to his dearest one, so he'd have had his part of punishment also in that scenario.

Anyway, I was proud of him enough with Lelouch planning ZR, him dying for real or surviving it, it doesn't change anything, his starting intentions and the determination with wich he carried on with his plan is what showed me his change of heart, the maturity he finally achieved, and what made me think that the ending of Code was great.

Edit: yes, soulmate, that's why you are my soulmate... <3
I just had to say, I'd agree that Lelouch was pragmatic up to the point of the Zero Requiem. To be pragmatic means that their actions are dictated by practicality, as in they choose the most practical course of action for everything. Lelouch does deviate from that when Nunally or something he cares about is in danger but up until ZR he does have a pragmatic view. However, ZR is anything but that; Lelouch instead took a more idealistic stance in the end. If anything Schneizel was the pragmatic one. Nuke the world into submission, break the world's will to fight and you have peace. Given the history of the world and mankind's tendencies to wage war Schneizel's view is not completely wrong.

What made the ending emotional was the fact that we know he died. We the viewers know the kind of person that Lelouch was, someone who perhaps did not deserve death as well as the people he leaves behind. Nunally realising Lelouch's plan and telling him that she did not need anything other then him to be happy, Suzaku being the one to drive the sword into him and the last exchange shared, Kallen looking towards his body affirming that he is Zero, and the flashback that ends with his childhood images of Nunally, Suzaku and himself as he breathed his last. It ruins the scene if he lived precisely because it would invalidate those images used in his death scene which made it great.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote