View Single Post
Old 2010-04-13, 14:54   Link #13
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
I am still saying that an average person would chose a choice from the ones offered and switch to another option if the present one no longer is of liking (if possible). He/she wouldn't stare idle at the options, waiting for an epiphany.
All I'm saying that often times a character who is labeled as "indecisive" is not even aware that he has to make a choice. Just because the audience wants him to choose a girl from the beginning does not mean the character realizes he is a main character in a "pick a girl" anime. It's not like he's been told "you should choose a girlfriend, and do it fast" - and even then - he might still decide not to. You know, staying single is also a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Depends on if he stays indecisive or has a reason to stay indecisive.

Or his name is "Kyon".
Heh, I'm not sure what you mean by that - is Kyon also accused of being indecisive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I probably say "Yes" 24 hours ago.

But now he/she 's not so bad if comparing to decisive male characters, who decide and hold into ridiculous believes

Sorry to rant a bit out of topic. But i really hate those who decisively but hold ridiculous justice/believes, that made every heroic actions in the whole damn world looks like ordianry acts.
You are right, it is off topic, but you do make an interesting point. I also think that deciding on a wrong choice is much worse than being indecisive.

Just to be clear once and for all - I'm not trying to advocate characters being indecisive and causing problems to those around them with their inactivity. I'm just trying to point out that the term "indecisive" is being applied too loosely to situations when being "indecisive" is the natural thing to do - and that a character in such a situation should not be hated because of that. Such an example is Alto Saotome from Macross Frontier, for instance.

Last edited by Darklord_bg; 2010-04-13 at 15:32.
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote